Monday, April 20, 2009

Keeping Things Close



The older I become, the more I realize the need to keep certain things close to my heart. This has been a painful, yet necessary lesson that I have had to learn. The Bible speaks of being slow to speak and quick to listen....I've not always followed this adage. However, I am learning that it's never too late to pick up good habits. While I have opened my mouth about things in the past that I should have remained silent on, I believe there is hope for me yet. Not everyone can handle all of the "mess" in our lives. Nor is it fair to assume that everyone is as forgiving and forgetful as we'd like them to be. What's the lesson? Guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it flows the issues of life, (Proverbs 4:23). I have to remember this and learn how to do more listening and less talking....I think I'll learn a lot that way. Happy Monday Everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Wow. Such great advice! I've been in that same position - shoulda kept my mouth shut when it was open. Thanks for sharing the Biblical verse.

    ReplyDelete