Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Count Down...

Soooo, my 29th birthday is just ten days away, and as usual, I have nothing planned. I really wanted this year to be special, simply because this year will mark my last year I'm in my twenties. After this year I will no longer be able to say,
"Who me? I'm twenty-something."
I've learned a lot, and I have grown a lot. I have had trials, upsets, let downs, victories, break throughs, and celebrations, and in the famous words of Miss Celie, "Dear God, I'm here." Let's see, during this decade, I have gotten married, had two beautiful children, bought my first home, earned my degree, lost my grandfather, reconnected with/discovered my birth father, got my driver's license, (didn't get it until I was 21), had three cars, and I'm sure there were a lot of other significant things that I cannot think of at this moment. This brings me to my point, I really want to do something special to commemorate this last year in my formative years. Not that I do not plan to continue my evolution into becoming me, but you know...anyway, if anyone has any ideas on how I should celebrate this year, please let me know. The big day is Oct. 31st......yes Halloween......yes I have heard every joke under the sun. So let me know whatcha think.



2 comments:

  1. I don't have any suggestions cause I'm pretty boring but I can't wait to hear what you end up doing...I'll be 30 in a little over two months...WOAH!!!

    Enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete