Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Word-Filled Wednesday -- John 6:68



I love this declaration from the mouth of the Apostle Peter. At a time when so many were deserting Jesus, he turns to "the 12" and basically asks them, "what about you? are you going to leave too?" I can see this transaction so clearly in my minds eye. I can imagine the solemn face of our savior as he made this inquiry of the ones he loved. He wanted to know where they stood. Then Peter, ever the bold  one, makes a  profession of faith, by asking Jesus a question also. "Lord who else are we going to go to?" You alone have the words of eternal life. We believe and we have come to know that YOU are the Holy one of God." Every time I hear or read this scripture, it make my heart leap. If I were there, I would have "high-fived" Peter!

I often feel as Peter did, when I encounter various obstacles in my life which would seem to pull me away from God, or have me doubt my faith. My spirit cries out, "Where else am I gonna go??? Jesus alone has the words of eternal life!" 
.............................................................................................................................................
His words are life giving and life sustaining!
...............................................................................................................................................
There is hope in his words! There is love, joy and peace in his words! In him, I live, move, and have my being.



 photo e-ramona.png

No comments:

Post a Comment