Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2K14 -- Happy New Year!!!



Happy New Year Everyone!!! I thank and praise God for allowing me and my family to make it to another year. I don't take it for granted. It was not a privilege granted to everyone and I know that. It's so funny because before the new year came in, I began seeing this growing disdain on social media regarding the concept, "New Year, New Me" Personally, I don't ave a problem with it. I don't think there is anything wrong with "resetting." In fact. I was having this conversation with a coworker before I left for the Christmas/New Year's vacation last year, (that sounds so funny:) and I expressed those exact sentiments. I get it. A lot of people abhor New Year's resolutions and the like. Some people feel they are a sure fire way to set yourself up to fail and accomplish nothing. Resolutions appear to some to be simply, wishful thinking. For some people that is the case. Most fitness centers are jammed packed in January, but attendance tends to dwindle down toward mid February. Look, I get it But....I still don't think there is anything wrong with desiring to become ones own version of "better." After all what are we here for if we are not striving to become better versions of ourselves? Who wants to stay the same and accomplish nothing? If we lose hope, we have nothing. We have to visualize, dream, goal set, and actualize the futures we desire. If that means putting, "New Year, New Me" on your instagram, that's fine! The point is to write it down, then do something about it.

I have wanted to create a vision board for some time now, and I was actually inspired by YouTuber Nik from LHDC-TV. Click here to see how she and her family created vision boards. This is a fun creative way to remind yourself daily of the  things you desire to accomplish. I've started getting some things together for my board for 2014. I've decided that I want to focus a great deal on health and fitness. You can take a peak at what I have so far. I plan to begin construction this weekend, and I'm excited about it. Let us all thank God for a new year and new opportunities!


Peace and Blessings,

 photo eramona-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment