Friday, October 28, 2011

How Do You Eat An Elephant?

I want to be a good person. A good mom. A good daughter. A good sister. A good employee and a good friend. I really do! However, sometimes there are some perceivable, "giant-like" obstacles which stand before me. I imagine and think about all of the things that I want to do and accomplish, and soon after, past mistakes come to mind, which make me feel that all of my dreams and desires are somewhat out of my reach. Despite that occasional dismal thought, I am constantly reminded of who holds my future. I know that God has plans for me, I do, but when I look a certain areas of my life, and what a mess I have made out of them, I feel so small. They seem huge and insurmountable. In those moments I am reminded of, the riddle, "how do you eat an elephant?" The answer is one bite at a time. 

Soooooo, it is my goal to attack these areas of my life, "one bite at a time," while keeping in mind that, "he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." I know God created me for a purpose and to affect many lives. I want to do just that with as little distraction as possible.

Forgetting those things which are behind.....



~E. RaMona

No comments:

Post a Comment