Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today...

Today, I am reminded of just how blessed I truly am. This day did not start off as one that I felt supremely excited about. For starters......

I didn't get enough sleep
I woke up with a headache
I was running late
All three of my children are sick (two cases of strep throat and one cold)
I was late to work
It has been raining all day
My attitude has not been too cheery
The work day has dragged by sooooo slowly....but then.....

I had to sit back and just think....
I thought about the fact that .....

I have a bed to sleep in
I have a home with running water, food, clothing...all of my essential needs
I have a job
I have a car to transport me to work
I have eyes and ears to actually see and hear the rain
In the grand scheme of things, all of my children are healthy
I am sane and I have my wits about me

Sometimes I can really get down on myself and want to throw a pity party where I am the only one who shows up. You see, I am not yet where I want to be in life, but then again who is? I need to remember to be grateful for all of the things that I do have, and keep in mind, (and in prayer) those who are less fortunate than myself and encountering tremendous loss in their lives. #40 on  Regina Brett's 50 Life Lessons is "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back." Put's things into perspective, huh? Well, it does for me.

So, I have joy, even though I don't always feel happy, and I'll get to where I'm going, as long as I keep moving. I love my children and my family. God willing, tomorrow is another chance to "get it right."

I have missed you guys. All of you, in your own unique ways have encouraged me when you didn't even know it.

Happy Hump day Friends!

~E. RaMona

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Your babies are adorable!

    Yes, it is soooo easy to get caught up in the things you don't have or how things aren't going right. But the joy in realizing how blessed we are makes our worries seem so minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I totally agree with being grateful for all the blessings and even the tough times. They make us grow as a person. I sure hope your beautiful babies all get better and you can regain your normal life :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one post put everything I was feeling today into perspective. Sometimes we all must step back and take inventory of all that we have been blessed with.

    This post here, will make my day tomorrow AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there you have it then Mimi, glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very True! Time to keep things in perspective for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post inspired me today! Thanks for your thoughtful comment in the Nestwork, I love seeing how much you love picking up your kids from daycare and school. That's what it's all about :) Hope you have a great weekend and your kids feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete